Tuesday, August 30, 2011

After 5 Years, This Is What I've Learned

My thoughts are nothing like your thoughts," says the LORD.
"And my ways are far beyond anything you could imagine. (Isaiah 55:8)

Sherin and I celebrated 5 years of marriage last week.  God's been great to us and for us everyday.  We sometimes have to stop and remind ourselves how blessed we are.  Hey, we're not perfect in any way, but we are happy with the life we have. To be honest, naturally we'd like more and different "things".  But we chose this road that we're traveling together and we're thankful for it.  Recently we saw video of our wedding day and realized how quickly time flies. The months, weeks, and days leading up to wedding day were memorable (still have my binder).  We graduated from college on the same weekend 5 years ago. We got married that same summer 5 years ago.  As one chapter in our individual lives closed, a new chapter in our lives together started. 

I admire her for dedication to our family.
I love her for who she is...daughter, sister, wife, mother, and friend.
I pray for her because she is my life partner.
I treasure her for her gift to discern.
I encourage her because she is special.
I need her because God put her in my life for a wonderful purpose.
I stand by her because she makes me look good.

In these 5 years, we have learned a lot from and about each other. We have our play fights and real fights.  We have our tears of great joy and tears of loss.  We've been shocked with good news and sad news.  We've had trips to islands and out on the island.  We cook for each other.  We shop differently.  We clean dishes differently.  We see things differently.  We understand things differently.  We are not the same.  We became parents.  We became homeowners. We answered a call for ministry.  We are reminded of the great parents, brothers and sister we have.  We do have a great group of friends to encourage, advise, and provide accountability.  In all these areas and so much more, we are still growing & learning!

This was a song sung at our wedding.  But its our prayer ..
Jesus, be the center, Be our source, be our light, Jesus
Jesus, be the center, Be our hope, be our song, Jesus
Jesus, be our vision, Be our path, be our guide, Jesus
Be the fire in our heart, Be the wind in these sails
Be the reason that we live, Jesus, Jesus


Enjoying This Ride With My Sher,

Cee

No comments:

Post a Comment