Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Lasts For More Than A Night

Dear CWS & FCOG Family,

It was definitely unusual and weird that I just had to show up not knowing what it entailed.  As a lead pastor, that's definitely not the norm when it comes to an event / experience in the church.  But knowing that there are great leaders, team players, and superstar servant volunteers, you really don't have to stress out and can just show up, relax, and enjoy the night.  I say thank you to all of you for doing what you did. 

"I never had a chance to sit with my father on the stage of ministry." - Pastor Moni Mathew (my dad)

That statement really touched me because you realize its a privilege and honor to serve God as a Pastor but to follow in your grandfather's and dad's footsteps is tremendous. Hearing how my dad started serving in the church early in his life reminded me of doing exactly the same things in my journey. I thank God for my heritage.

Church, I am so blessed by your love, thoughts, encouragement, and support not only this night but thru every step on this journey.  To see, hear, and experience your thoughtful expressions of love will never be forgotten. I love to do what I get to do; which is to serve, to lead, to preach and teach, to encourage, to push, to share the message of Jesus' love, grace, and hope. Let's do church together, not one person or one family or a few people, but all of us TOGETHER, let US BE the CHURCH.

This scripture was shared by the MC for the night and it is my prayer.  2 Timothy 4:1 In the presence of God and of Christ Jesus, who will judge the living and the dead, and in view of his appearing and his kingdom, I give you this charge: 2 Preach the Word; be prepared in season and out of season; correct, rebuke and encourage--with great patience and careful instruction. 3 For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear. 4 They will turn their ears away from the truth and turn aside to myths. 5 But you, keep your head in all situations, endure hardship, do the work of an evangelist, discharge all the duties of your ministry.

Greater things are yet to come for this local church.  Get ready to be amazed.  A scripture that has truly under girded our family and ministry is Isaiah 55:8 "For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways," declares the LORD. 9 "As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts.  We're not perfect but human. We're not always right but we're learning. We're not superhuman but have supernatural calling. We're not always ready but we trust God. We're not scared but confident in Him. We're not settling down but moving forward. We're not happy with mediocrity but expect excellence.

God bless you all!  Thank you and we love you!

Enjoying The Ride,

Pastor Cee

No comments:

Post a Comment