Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Twas The Night Before The Bird

The day before the country and the world celebrate as Thanksgiving Day is here. Do you think tonight is the night the most people spend in the kitchen? Prepping their meals for tomorrow, trying to concoct new recipes or put their own spin to an old traditional one. More than the bird or the stuffing or the pies, its about the people. Let's give thanks for our families and friends, our co-workers, bosses, service people, vendors, even our perceived enemies. I thank God for my wife and child every day!

In everything give thanks to the Lord and He will bless you!

Tonight should be a fun night at church ... just spending time with church family with food, games, and prayer. Then have cousins from out of town staying over - should be interesting.
Then of course tomorrow morning ... the annual TURKEY BOWL! Play some football, build up an appetite and go have a great lunch with family.

Enjoy the bird or the fish or the whatever you eat tomorrow!

Enjoy the Ride,

Cecil

1 comment:

  1. As you mentioned, 'IN' everything we should give Him thanks, not FOR everything, or BY everything, but IN everything. This can be difficult, especially if we feel that we are IN a royal mess. But then I remember that this GOD knows when each strand of hair falls from my head. HE is also a GOD that knows my name, and cares for me so intimately and personally. He even cares about the messes I am in. So how do I not say thank you? Thank you Lord, for all the good and the bad, thank you Lord for all of my messes, and all the things I do not understand. Help me Lord to see you IN the midst of my messes and draw closer to you regardless, just as I am, messes and all. Help me to always have an attitude of gratitude, to simply say thank you Jesus for it all!

    ReplyDelete