Wednesday, December 9, 2009

SPINNING AROUND

The other night our daughter decided to go for a spin - literally. She stood in one place and just went around and around for a few moments and then stopped. I stood and watched her thru this process and waited to see how this would end up. So she stopped spinning and TRIED to stand still. As you would expect, she started wobbling and walking into the kitchen cabinets and almost took a fall. I have to admit I had a smirk on my face the whole time then eventually started cracking up because she was having fun in this dazed moment.

I knew this would be the end result because I've done that plenty of times as a kid. And you see your whole "world" spinning around you. So she likes it so much she did it again later that night but not as long. The best part this time is that she is able to hold still and look down at the floor. She calls out, "Daddy, daddy!" and then points to the floor and says "floor turn awound (around)"! So this time she holds herself up and understands the floor is now spinning under her. How do you not laugh at these moments?

When you feel like your spinning, twisting, and turning around so much in life running after everything and everyone, your world might seem like its out of whack. You might be spun like a top and then when you try to stop it just seems everything around you is spinning out of control and it doesn't make sense. You start wobbling in what you believe, cant stand straight up in your faith in God, and start banging into situation that hurt you. But I dare you to hold strong and stand up with total confidence in God, He will hold you up and you'll be able to say that thing around me might be going crazy, but I will hold onto the promises of God and He will get me thru these times in life. The spinning will slow down, it will eventually stop, and we will move on.

Enjoy The Ride,

Cecil

No comments:

Post a Comment