Friday, July 1, 2011

She's Growing Up

She's my girl.  She's my baby.  She's my princess. She's my kid.  She's my gift from God.  She is growing up.  Some days I just have to stop in my tracks and stare at how quickly time flies.  I understand she's only three.  But I ...

Still can remember she had the faux hawk at the hospital.  Now shes brushing her own hair out. 

Still can remember running home for lunch break to give her a bath.  Now she's giving herself a bath with a little help of course. 

Still can remember her first alphabet spoken was "C" ... for everything.  Now she's writing her name. 

Still can remember her "swimming" down the hallway floor.  Now she loves swimming in the pool and riding her little toddler bike on her own. 

Still can remember laying out her onesies and infant outfits.  Now she's telling us what she wants to wear (and she's not bad with her selections). 

Still can remember her raising her hands to say "Hallelujah" when someone would sing to her.  Now she is trying to mimick people she has seen doing body worship. 

Still can remember feeding her milk and baby food. Now she's eating fruits and some vegetables.  She loves strawberries, like daddy.

Still can remember calming her down in the car by playing music or singing to her.  Now she's telling us what CD to play, which track, and sings along and keeps us entertained. 

There's more but I'll save those for when she's 4.  I love you Abi!  You're growing up but will always be my little girl. 

Enjoying the Ride,

Cecil

No comments:

Post a Comment