Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Perfect or Healthy Balance?

Finding the right balance isn't always easy.  There is me-time w/God, time with family, time for work, time for ministry/church, time for rest & relaxation, etc... However what order does it go in?  What percentage of time goes to what part of life?  Is there a perfect formula to get the equation to balance perfectly?  I don't know!  It might not be a perfect balance, but if a healthy balance is not set up at an early stage especially when ministry is involved, it could prove costly in the long run.

I have to keep priorities in order:
My God
My Family
My Calling

It takes time, effort, and sacrifice in planting a new church.  It takes time, effort, and sacrifice in raising a family.  It takes time, effort, and sacrifice in developing a relationship with Christ.  (Oops, I didn't write that in the "right order".)  Sometimes we have to say "NO" to certain things to keep a healthy balance.  Sometimes we say "NO" too much and create an unhealthy balance.  What helps me is the power of a good team at home and in ministry.

There is no formula to get a perfect balance. 
There is a formula to get a healthy balance ... God, Family, Calling.

Enjoy The Ride,

Cecil

No comments:

Post a Comment