Monday, November 7, 2011

The Teams In My Life

AT HOME
I ask my wife, Sherin, to keep me accountable. We remember that if we don't travel this journey together, it's not worth traveling at all.  We will never forget the first lesson in our ministerial training course from Pastor Hiram ... paraphrasing: Don't get into full-time or any ministry if your spouse is not ready, willing, and able to travel this road with you.  Ministering is a partnership. We are trusting in God for His grace, wisdom, and strength. We are learning these days.  We are making adjustments.  We are feeling our way thru this process.  Some days are easier than others. 

But I am learning that God gave me this family to take care of before He gave a church / ministry to pastor.  When we take steps of faith, He will provide for every need.  When we take steps of faith, He will honor those who honor Him.  When we take steps of faith, He will go above and beyond to bless us.

The prayers, support, encouragement, and constructive feedback from parents, siblings, close friends, and fellow workers in His kingdom cannot go unnoticed!  Please don't stop!  Keep going!  God knows we need it!

AT "WORK"
Our team at Community Worship Service was put together by God.  We know it. We see it. We love it.

I value the team ... confidantes, constituents, and comrades (as per Bishop T. D. Jakes). I value empowering and equipping those with gifts and anointing to operate. I value delegation because someone else can do something better than I can. I value seeing someone's enthusiasm in serving and accomplishing great things. I value making people around me better. I value serving and helping those who are willing to take a risk. I value the new things I learn from other's skills and experiences. I value seeing the potential in the next generation and allowing them to exercise it and learn by making mistakes and becoming better leaders because of it.  What God needs to accomplish cannot be done without a knitting together of people going after the same vision and mission. 

These are the awesome teams God has placed in my life.  I pray and thank God for them! 

Enjoying The Ride,

Cecil

No comments:

Post a Comment